Friday, February 13, 2009

If you leave Samoa without being able to wield a machete, you did something wrong

Everyone in Samoa has a machete. They are the most useful tools ever. When Samoans go to the plantation, you better believe the handy-dandy machete goes with them. I don’t have any reason to go to the plantation so I didn’t really think I had a need for a machete, but I recently invested in a little machete after I realized how much easier a machete would make life. Need to open a coconut, get the machete. Need to chop the trees and bushes back, get the machete. Need to weed my compound, get the machete. It is so much fun to hack into a bush or tree with a machete. It is such a stress reliever. Pruning shears are nice and all, but it is so much fun to swing the machete and in one sweep, down goes the limb. Being a crazed, machete wielding palagi is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment