Saturday, February 13, 2010

Good news

I had a meeting yesterday and have some good news. I have a job and a place to live! I won't be in the village anymore, but I'll take it. I don't have much work in the village anymore and not having a place to live is a bit problematic.

I'll be working full-time for the Samoa Football Federation on various projects and living in Apia. I'll be helping with a grassroots soccer program where we bring soccer to the villages and encourage them to play, youth programs, and technical aspects of developing soccer here in Samoa, as well as continuing to help with the Saturday soccer matches.

I'll have a pretty nice set-up for housing as well: microwave, full-sized fridge, toaster, oven, and stove-top...talk about getting spoiled. But after the ridiculousness of the past year and a half I'm ok with that. It will be a bit weird to live on my own again, but I enjoy cooking so I look forward to it.

I move out the same time my family leaves for New Zealand and will start the new job March 1. I'm excited for this new opportunity. I never thought I'd be helping the game of football in this manner, but I look forward to the opportunity.

So I'm glad it worked out well for me. I was stressing quite a bit Monday and Tuesday when I realized these next couple of weeks could be my last in Samoa. It hasn't always been rainbows and sunshine here but I wasn't ready to leave the mountains and coconuts just yet, so I'm thankful to be able to finish my service.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you Erica! I'm coming back to Samoa the end of May/first of June with donated funds to help build a new computer center in Poutasi.

    ReplyDelete